Nov 9, 2011

Gearing Up (10/15/11)

While Halloween is coming up, I actually find myself working on cards for other holidays. I'm currently working on redoing my card from last Christmas. I found that next to my more recent cards, while I like it, it just didn't hold up. I've gotten a little input as well from my boyfriend on how to redesign it, as well as advise on how to give it a more unique look from a friend.
I started by taking it into Illustrator as I've done with the last few cards. Here I created the line art, and added the flat colors. I then took it into Photoshop to add the background and details. I've begun adding in realistic elements to give it a slightly different feel. I think it definitely adds something.



With the holidays comes a changing of the seasons as well, of course. While we may be in FL, there is a change in the air. You can start to feel the subtle changes in the tempter, its almost chilly in the mornings and at night. Of course for Smokey this means more time to be spent out-of-doors. Rarely will you catch him just lazing around the house now (except for his nap time between 10-5). He enjoys napping most with his best buddy Will. I think these two could sleep the day away if given half a chance.

Smokey is gearing up for the house to be decorated for the holidays as well. He loves to help with putting up the decorations by being under foot, sticking his head in every box/bag/container, and chasing after strings of lights when you're not looking. He will also be making an appearance at my office for the Holiday. I'll be the witch with my little witch cat. I'm excited to have him in. Nothing is better than a warm cat at your feet, supposing he doesn't wander around the whole office making friends with everyone who happens to come in!


(Sorry this post got SOOOO delayed. Been super busy with work and life to have it up sooner!)


No comments:

Post a Comment