Jun 27, 2012

Smokey Says Hello

So I told Smokey I needed to update his blog to let everyone know how he was doing, but I guess he wanted to tell everyone himself.


We heard from Smokey's Vet the other day, Thursday, and found out his diagnosis. Thankfully, its nothing fatal. However, he still does have some risks. The lymph nodes in his throat are very swollen and at this point have some scaring. So now our only option is to give him steroids to reduce the swelling. This was an option we had hoped to avoid since the steroids could very easily bring back his diabetes.

 He started his medication on Monday and will be taking it for the next month. Friday he is scheduled to go see his regular vet to check on his blood sugar. We have to closely monitor his blood sugar and diabetes until he is off the medication. He will also be going back on July 9th. I'm hoping everything goes well. Of course Thursday I will be going out of town for ten days and so I will be worried sick about him the whole time. Fortunately I will be leaving him in the capable hands of my mom who I know will watch him every moment. I know she will keep me posted on everything while I'm gone and maybe even Skype with me while I'm away. I'm going to miss my little baby like crazy, but hope to come back and see him doing much better.

 Until he gets better though, he's living the good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment