Nov 16, 2012

Fall Of Excitement

 

Smokey had a pretty great Halloween this year, hope everyone else did as well. He started off the day, with a bit of lounging. Though he might tell you he was really trying to help and keep me company while I was completing my large stuffed pumpkin. As the day got later, and trick-or-treaters began to show of, he naturally made his exit to the back bedroom. It was either that or he wasn't crazy about the super cheesy Halloween movies I had chosen to watch. Regardless, I locked him napping in the back bedroom and managed to talk him in to slipping on his costume. I think his loo says he's will to tolerate this behavior, but not for too long.


October was also filled with out continuation of cleaning out our garage as I had previously mentioned. Smokey of course was helping all along the way.  Whether it was supervising that nothing of any importance was thrown away, or monitoring our beverage intake, he didn't miss a beat. You know, except for when he located a pile of something cozy looking that he felt might make a nice bed for a quick nap. Being the extremely helpful cat he is, he made sure his naps were never too long, as he wouldn't want to miss out on some new tiny space to crawl into or boxes to jump on. Thanks to all his help we now have an almost cleaned and organized garage, except for the small fact that before we started we could get two cars in and now we can only fit in one. Hopefully this issue should be resolved in the beginning of December when we have a yard sale to clean out the rest, and hopefully make some money for holiday gifts.

November I have been busy trying to complete all of my holiday cards. Anyone tired of hearing about them yet? I know I am. I finally have them all colored. I'd say at this point they are about 95% complete. There are still a few tweaks I need to make so they all fit nicely together. Despite my efforts on the Thanksgiving card, I have given up on that one, for now. However I did finally add my Chanukah card (and learned how to spell it). I've also got my packaging supplies, and once I get them printed, I will have them up for sale, likely on etsy, I am hoping to find some local retailers to sell them as well. Here is a quick view of what's completed.









Not only have I been busy working on my cards, but I've also been trying to get into the holiday spirit by trying out some new crocheting patterns. Besides enjoying crocheting I wanted to make a stocking for the new, feline, addition to our family. I hope it goes over well with Smokey, we'll find out on Dec 1st, when she arrives with my uncle from TN. Still working on the right name for her, I'm pretty sure once I see her and get to know her, the name will come easy enough. Back to the stocking, I was searching for holiday patters, when I came across one for a cat paw stocking pattern. How perfect! I found the patter for free on the Red Heart yarn website. You can view it by clicking here. The pattern is pretty simple and I was able to complete it in one day, maybe a few hours? I made a few changes to it, but am overall happy with how it turned out. I have started one for Smokey as well, his is more modified as I want to include his extra toe on it. I'll add picture of it when I've completed it, until there, her is the first pattern I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment