Dec 15, 2012

Christmas Season- Part 1

I apologize for the lapse in posts, been having some issues with my Internet connection.


Smokey is doing well, though unfortunately when we returned from our cruise, he came back from the vet with pink eye. While (stupidly) the vet put him on pill antibiotics, it has only come back and is now in both his eyes. Instead of giving the vet more money (as they caused this...), we're trying a home remedy. Apparently apple cider vinegar works really well (the kind with "the mother"- organic). So a few times a day we use a watered down version on his eyes, and straight vinegar on his paws and between his shoulder blades. Crazy as it may sound, it seems to be working. (Update, vinegar did not work, now having to apply gel, Smokey does not like...)

The holidays are upon us and Smokey is prepared (despite not feeling himself...), wearing his festive holiday collar, and enjoying a few nights buy the fire. Sadly the weather down here has not given us many cold nights, but it looks like we may be in store for a few. I hope so!

Even with the joy of the holiday season, I'm sad to say my uncle arrived, but the kitten he was bringing was stolen from his hotel room... We are all very sad about it. (I'm sure Smokey probably is too...) Despite the sadness of her loss, I couldn't bare looking at the kitten collars I had, and the toys and bed... So I searched for kittens needing adoption, and found one I just had to get. She is somewhere between 1-3 years old, quite tiny compared to Smokey, but looks so much like him. She is a polydactyl (front only), Russian blue/British short hair mix. I haven't come up with a name yet for her however, I'll take suggestions. 

While I've bonded with her the moment I saw her, her big brother Smokey hasn't taken to her just yet. We also have to keep them apart as I can't risk her getting pink eye as well. All I want for Christmas is my two babies to get along and Smokey's health to improve.



Wishing everyone a happy holiday season!
Please see links below for stocking and sweater patterns, as well as where the collars were purchased.
Anyone interested in the modified 5-toed stocking, please let me know, I'm happy to provide instructions.

Stocking: http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/cat-paws-christmas-stocking
Sweater: http://diymaven.com/2009/09/09/crochet-a-candy-corn-pet-sweater/
Collars: 
(Smokey's)- https://www.etsy.com/transaction/101374779
(New kitty's)- https://www.etsy.com/transaction/101374904

No comments:

Post a Comment