Dec 30, 2012

Here Comes 2013!

Hope everyone out there had a wonderful holiday season! We did down here in FL, except some cooler weather would have been nice. It did get cool enough on a few days (including today) for us to lite a fire. Which means Smokey was happy, he really loves sitting in his bed next to the Christmas tree, in front of the fire.

As mentioned in our last post, I have my new kitty here. This is both exciting and nerve-wracking. Its great having her here with us, she's just like a shrunken Smokey, but a little watered down. Nimueh has been here for about 3 weeks now, and they are just starting to warm up to one another. Or I guess I should say, Smokey is starting to accept that she is going to be here, like it or not.

 Despite having Nimueh around, Smokey had a good Christmas. Cat nip and cat treats, what else could a cat want for?

I'm also exited to announce I got a new camera for Christmas. It will allow me to take even better pictures of Smokey (and Nimueh), as well as great HD videos. So far I've gotten some great shots of both of them.

Also with New Years only days away, I'm sending out my new years cards and thank you notes for Christmas. I had mine from last year with Smokey, but since there is a new cat in the neighborhood, I had to modify it slightly. Granted it isn't very good, but as a first rough I'm pretty pleased with it.

 These pictures are so special. You can see them beginning to get 'along' or at least Smokey tolerating Nimueh's presence more than he had been. At first they couldn't be in the same room. Here's hoping by my next update I'll have a shot of them together, not just next to one another. Cat introduction can be a long an tedious process. Every cat takes it on in a different way.





No comments:

Post a Comment